October 28, 2021
Part 3: Defeating Self-Doubt, Reasons to Believe in Yourself
Regardless of whatever you’re going through, the only person who must believe in you is you.
So what if every other person on the planet doesn’t believe in you? Is it essential to your happiness and success? No! Would it be nice? Yes!
Defeating self-doubt begins with YOU believing in YOU! And guess what, if you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will either.
You were born with everything you need to experience love, joy, and success in life. It’s your life. So be happy living it because it’s your life to live and cherish. So, consider these great reasons for why you should believe in yourself.
- You Deserve to Pursue Happiness – Regardless of who you are, gender, skin color, or religion, you deserve to pursue happiness and success just as much as any other human being on the planet. It’s your choice, privilege, and right to feel good about yourself and be grateful for your life. You deserve the opportunity to create the kind of life that ignites you every morning, regardless of your circumstances and upbringing or what people think or say about you. You have the power to rise above your setbacks and challenges and live a fulfilling life.
- Your Relationships – Look at the relationships that add happiness to your life. You have friends and family that are supportive and believe in you, who are rooting for you and want you to succeed. If they knew you were struggling with thoughts and feelings of self-doubt, they’d give you a million reasons why you should believe in yourself and start living the life you want and imagine.
- Your Current Situation – Even if you’re struggling right now and have suffered a setback or two, you’re still here. You’ve made it this far! So, you’re doing something right. You got up today, and are reading this right now, which means there’s hope! Please focus on the things you’ve gotten right and have done well. Choose to believe in yourself.
- Previous Success – Maybe you’ve not been successful at everything, but you’ve been successful with some things, probably many things. Did you go to school? That’s a success. Did you get up this morning? Have you made someone smile? Did you succeed with a project or dream? You have had successes in certain areas of your life. You have more reasons to believe in yourself than to doubt yourself.
- You’re NOT Inferior or Less Than! – You’re not better or worse than anyone else on the planet. You’re equal, and you’re just as worthy, good, and deserving as anyone else. Got it? Good! You deserve the life you dream of living if you’re willing to take inspired action to create it because no one is going to hand it to you; that’s not how life works. No one deserves it more than you do…but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to work for it. You have to earn it. It’s your life. And you don’t need anyone’s approval or permission to live it the way you want to live it.
It’s time to rise from the ashes of self-doubt and believe in yourself once-and-for-all. Despite where you’ve been and have gone through, regardless of any bad choices you’ve made that left your life in shambles emotionally, relationally, or financially, it’s time to rise. And “rising” begins with believing in yourself. Believing in yourself is a choice. And it’s a choice that only you can make, so why not make it right now?
In Part Four, we’ll cover how to overcome negative thoughts. But until then, believe in yourself. Stay tuned.